30. SUNDAY-6/18/17-- MOUNT EVANS ASCENT-- Idaho Springs, Co--
Starting at 10,600 feet at echo lake-- climb to 14,246 feet to the finish line at top of Mt. Evans all on a paved road-- It was sunny and mild at the start but-- there was a very cold strong wind on several sections-- even on one of the two short gentle downhill sections it was hard to get moving with the cold wind blowing against you.
* I placed 8th overall -- 2nd Master overall-- 2:06:05-- (10 seconds off my 2015 time with the wind this year)
I MISSED RUNNING INTO THE BEAR IN THE GARDEN 10 MILE LAST SUNDAY-- BUT I RAN INTO THE RESIDENT MOUNTAIN GOAT THIS SUNDAY AT THE FINISH ( LOOK BEHIND ME TO MY RIGHT )
31. SATURDAY- JUNE 24, 2017-- THE SLACKER HALF MARATHON- IDAHO SPRINGS-- Starting out at Loveland ski basin at 10,000 feet we start out on a dirt road and head out on a gentle decline out to a rolling paved bike path which gently declines to Georgetown at 8,200 feet.
* 1:20-- 4th overall-- I moved to 3rd overall in the first 5k and held strong until about 1 mile to go and was passed by 3rd in the final mile by a high school kid, almost held him off and he barely nipped me at the end but I made him pay dearly for it as he got sick and threw up all over the place !!!!! I took the 1st Master/ 1st 45-49 title for 2017 and 4th overall !!
32. Friday- June 30, 2017-- BLUE MOON SERIES #1 5K-- LONG SERIES- UTE VALLEY PARK--
Rolling technical trail loop-- 2nd overall and beat my own course record from 2015 !! I am the reigning 2 time long series champion for 2015 and 2016 going for a third championship !
33. Tuesday- 4th of July- 2017- Palmer Lake 4th of July 4.1 mile-- our local favorite for the 4th -- Good competition in this one-- 24th overall out of 985 racers-- 1st place podium for 36-45- I beat last years time by over a minute- I also beat my time from 2015. It was sunny and very hot. I beat some good names out there, hung tough with a young fast crowd, and kicked all the females asses !!
I continue to move on up- build my legacy- work the law of attraction-- and leave a trail of jealous beaten jabronees in my path to the top.
34. Saturday- July 8, 2017-- THE VAIL HILL CLIMB-- 7.7 MILE-- Vail, CO-- 8th overall-- 59:12-- and 2nd place podium- 40-49.
An uphill climb on the service road switchbacks up to mid vail gondola-- About a 7.5 % grade average with a few flats along the way-- about a 2,500 feet climb from 8,000+ feet to 10,300 feet.
I got close to Simon Gutierrez in the middle, but he held on to beat me by a little over a minute at the finish, which was a flat and downhill finish in the last half mile. I would have kicked it in harder if I knew this, as I expected a climb at the finish. I guess there have been variations to the finish past few years. My first vail hill climb in 2015 was a steep climb to the finish on a 10k distance.
*Vail hill climb from this year !!
35. SUNDAY- 7/9/17-- THE SUMMER ROUND-UP-- 2ND LEG OF THE TRIPLE CROWN OF RUNNING--
7TH OVERALL-- 49:13-- 2ND MASTER OVERALL PODIUM-- and going into the final leg- Pikes Peak in 5th overall in the Triple Crown Series !! I felt the Vail Hill Climb from the day before a little bit. It was hot and sunny and even a little humid.
I am having a Master's battle again after several years with Scott Lebo-- take him out at Pikes Peak !!
*Note: new starting line this year- slight change in course with a couple different turns and mayby one extra little hill on each loop on the East side, but all in all the same three loops with the "hill" in the middle. I totally liked the new start line and the finish through the stables, giving us a finish through our western culture here in Colorado Springs with the horses, I really loved the start with the horses starting out in front of us kicking us off. A beautiful day at Bear Creek Park.
* photo by Tim Bergsten-Pikes Peak Sports.
36. SUNDAY- JULY 16, 2017-- BARR TRAIL MOUNTAIN RACE !! -- 12.6 MILES TO BARR CAMP AND BACK DOWN !!
* 11TH OVERALL-- 1:50:27-- 1ST MASTER OVERALL-- 3 TIME MASTERS CHAMPION SINCE 2015 !! 6 minutes better than last year improvement. Took out some good names in a very competitive field this year. Kicked a lot of ass and kicked all of the females asses !!!!! Hot and humid. Got a lot of great swag including : my Masters championship hand made mug, BTMR bandana, Pair of trail prototype shoes from the race sponsor, and the BTMR trucker's cap !!!
37. SATURDAY- JULY 22, 2017-- CAMP HALE HALF MARATHON-- La Sportiva Series Race--
6th overall-- 1st place division podium win -40-49 ! -- 1:31:21-- ( 25 seconds better than last year). Starting at an elevation of approximately 9,500 feet -- head out on a slight incline dirt road for a couple miles then turn of on a rolling single track trail with some climbing at the end of the single track and then we get back on the dirt road and have a gentle downhill and then start on a long gradual climb up to a single track trail again with more climbing and rolling single track-- then back on a dirt road and back down to the original dirt road and a flat and rolling road to the finish with a gentle downhill finish. It was very hot. I have now completed 2 of the remaining 5 La Sportiva series races to be in contention for the overall series awards.
38. FRIDAY EVENING- 6:00 PM- JULY 27, 2017-- BLUE MOON TRAIL SERIES #2- UTE VALLEY PARK ON ROLLING TECHNICAL TRAILS-- Long Series 8k - I PLACED 2ND overall again behind Ben Payne- so holding 2nd overall in the long series going into the 3rd and final race next month-- my superior training is keeping me ahead of the rest of my competition well-- 31:32 ( faster by about a minute still from last year-- I backed off just a bit in the 2nd half of the race with the classic 10k the next day-- I got held up on the 2nd loop of the 8k behind the 5k group so I lost a little time there and I had to stop and check my shoe laces 2 times as I wore some old junky lunar racers shoes as my laces came untied.
39. SATURDAY- JULY 28, 2017-- CLASSIC 10K- (GRAND PRIX OF RUNNING SERIES RACE)--
35th overall- 33rd male overall-- 1st place 45-49 podium race award !
USA TRACK AND FIELD CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT--
MY USA TRACK AND FIELD AWARDS-- 2ND MASTER OVERALL PODIUM- $50 USA TRACK AND FIELD PRIZE MONEY -- AND MY USA TRACK AND FIELD CHAMPIONSHIP SILVER MEDAL !!!!
A money event and I took home the money- beat some good names out there in a competitive field -- about a 1 minute and 17 second improvement from last year-- but note--- I was informed by the timing/racing crew that their timing may have been off actually approx. 15-20 seconds as I really ran a 36:25 ish-- so I ran a faster time than what the results show. It was a nice overcast morning but-- the humidity was 98%-- really making for tough race conditions.
* finish line photo by Tim Bergsten.
40. SATURDAY- AUGUST 5, 2017-- THE BERRY PICKER-- LA SPORTIVA RACE SERIES- VAIL, CO-- 3rd OVERALL PODIUM FINISH !! I NAILED A 45:00 CLIMB.
* Starting at 8,500 feet in Vail, we completed a 4.5 mile climb on the Berry Picker trail with an average percent of 14%. and finished at 10,500 feet of altitude. I kicked ass, took out some great names and kicked ass on the steep trails and almost caught second place, if it wasn't for about 400 meters of a flatter finish, I would have overtaken him and got at least second. Took home the 3rd overall podium place and award and La Sportiva also gave me the 40-49 age group win award !!!
41. SUNDAY- AUGUST 6, 2017-- THE XTERRA CASTLE ROCK 20K-- (was a qualifier for the XTERRA Nationals and World Championships) but the Ogden Utah National Championship is open for all)-- I technically qualified for the National Championships in Castle Rock)-- with a 2nd overall podium placing in the 20k (12.4 miles) of rolling trails through Miller Park in Castle Rock. Started out in 5th and moved up to 2nd place in the first loop and held on strong and held off the competition to take 2nd overall-- and an honor to be 2nd place to Joe Gray. Also got to race with my coaches, the QUEEN K, and friends. NAILED A 1:26:40.
I AM GOING TO GO TO XTERRA NATIONALS- OGDEN, UTAH SEPTEMBER 17 AND QUALIFY FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TO BE HELD IN HAWAII !!!!
HARD WORK---- DEDICATION !!!!!!!!!
42. SATURDAY- AUGUST 12, 2017-- WOODLAND PARK MAYOR'S CUP 10K-- same course as previous years-- 3rd overall podium medal-- 38:13-- hot and sunny-- rolling hill course at 8,500 feet of altitude-- this years race drew a larger crowd as it was a designated brewers cup race-- I took on Steven Vangleampler and Nick Parton in the 10k-- I stayed real close to Nick Parton and held off the rest of the field.
Feel electrifying going into Pikes Peak Ascent weekend coming up !!! I AM READY TO LAY THE SMACKDOWN ON YOUR CANDY ASSES !!!!!
PIKES PEAK ASCENT WEEKEND !!
43. SATURDAY- AUGUST 19, 2017-- PIKES PEAK ASCENT --
*34TH OVERALL-- 5TH MASTER'S PODIUM AWARD-- 2:58:37--
A very High Barometric pressure system was on race morning causing very tough conditions after A-frame-- in combination with a very washed out and dry barr trail course. Instead of finishing at 14,115 feet we finished at the equivalent of 16,000 feet. But with this said-- it is still man vs. man out there. And the weather and the course I think affected the top 30 differently but the pressure system at the top really hit me with 4 to go. I was physically and mentally drained, and I was in very good tough condition going into the ascent and I expected to perform very well. Actually, my strength going into this year was that I am getting very tough at shorter and mid distance uphill grinds and I did take it out hard early in the race. I am not content with my place or my time. I am very grateful I was able to push through and hold on to a top 5 Master's podium place !!! If I would have been any less prepared or conditioned, it could have been way worse. I felt very nauseous and out of it at the finish line. I didn't need to go to medical but all my peeps wanted me to go to medical and get looked at like several other of the top runners. I went in layed down and got some oxygen. I have never needed to do that ever in 16 ascents !!! I wasn't the only one feeling the effects of the weather. There are pictures of me floating around with an oxygen tube in my nose and a blanket over me on a cot in medical---- pretty awesome stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was the superbowl of the summer racing season--- I pulled through and came up with a big Master's podium squeezing in in the final Master's spot overall. There was a nice picture spread of me in the Gazette Telegraph on Sunday-- I gave it the highest rating it ever had in a long time.
I am also a doubler again this year (2016 and 2017). I took it easy on sunday and ran with the Mighty Marmot-- the Queen K- (we came in together at the finish line in 9:08:07 !!!!!!)
I did not race hard in the Pikes Peak Marathon-- I am not counting it as a real race even though i did officially complete the Doubler !!
44. Friday evening-August 25, 2017-- final leg of the Blue Moon Series-- 10k- 41:40-- 6:44 pace-- 2nd place overall to Ben Payne-- Series results= 2nd overall place and the age division win in the 40-49-- total time=1:32:30. Ben Payne total time=1:20:37.
* The next day on Saturday- I competed in the La Sportiva 10k at 10,000 feet in Vail, CO-- part of the Vail Series that i am currently leading in my division-- i backed off today at the blue moon 10k just enough to run hard and stay ahead of the other pack behind me and make sure i clenched my 2nd overall and division win. The 10k was a tough technical rolling course at Ute valley park. I just stayed smooth and relaxed and pushed it about 70-80% tonight.
My awards-- Cool beer pint glass and a free beer from bristols brewery.
My blue moon series record is now: 2 overall championships (2015 and 2016)- Long Series
1 second overall- 40-49 division win- (2017)
45. SATURDAY- AUGUST 26, 2017-- 10K AT 10,000 FEET-- VAIL SERIES--
3RD OVERALL PODIUM AWARD-- AND DOUBLE DIP PODIUM AWARD WIN IN THE 40-49-
AWARDS= BOX OF PEP PODS- AND A VERY EXPENSIVE LA SPORTIVA JACKET FIT FOR A KING !!!!! I AM IN FIRST PLACE IN MY DIVISION GOING INTO THE FINAL VAIL LA SPORTIVA SERIES RACE ON SEPTEMBER 17TH IN MINTURN. GETTING READY FOR AN OVERALL PODIUM WIN THERE FOR THE 2017 LA SPORTIVA VAIL SERIES.
* HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MYSELF ON SEPTEMBER 1ST , 2017 !!!! THE BEST EVER !!!
MAKING IT RAIN AT THE CLUB -- :
HAVING AN INCREDIBLE YEAR-- 4TH OVERALL IN THE TRIPLE CROWN SERIES-- WHERE OTHER PEOPLE FELL APART IN THE ASCENT I FOUND A WAY TO HANG TOUGH AND COME OUT WITH A PODIUM WIN-- I AM LEADING THE LA SPORTIVA VAIL SERIES 40-49 DIVISION-- AND HOLDING 2ND OVERALL IN THE GRAND PRIX OF RUNNING LONG SERIES-- AND LEADING THE MASTERS DIVISION IN THE COLORADO RUNNER SERIES.
DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND PIXAR DOUBLE DARE WEEKEND ---- CALIFORNIA
COLORADO PEEPS- I HAVE BROUGHT BACK TO COLORADO BOTH 10K AND HALF MARATHON MASTER'S TITLES FROM THE DISNEYLAND 10K AND HALF MARATHON !!
46. SATURDAY- SEPTEMBER 2ND 2017-- DISNEYLAND 10K-- California--
1ST MASTER OVERALL CHAMPION-- 36:53-- 11TH OVERALL OUT OF 8,187-- IN AN EXTREMELY RECORD BREAKING HOT AND HUMID RACE WITH A COMPETITIVE FIELD. A LOT OF TWISTS AND TURNS TO NAVIGATE INSIDE THE PARK.
47. SUNDAY- SEPTEMBER 3RD 2017-- DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON-- CALIFORNIA- ON A VERY HOT AND HUMID MORNING-- 87 DEGREES AND 63% HUMIDITY AT THE START AT 5:00 AM CALIFORNIA TIME-- 1ST PLACE MASTER'S TITLE PODIUM WIN -- 13TH OVERALL OUT OF 10,000 + -- 1:29:12-- THIS WAS THE BIG ONE OF THE WEEKEND-- THE HUMIDITY WAS BRUTAL -- CAUSING THE BEST OF US IN THE RACE TO SLOW OUR PACE-- I HAD TO DROP DOWN TO 7:00 MILES-- I PUSHED ON THE BEST I COULD , BARELY BEING ABLE TO BREATH. I GOT TO BE CALLED ON STAGE AT THE AWARDS CEREMONY WITH THE TOP 3 MEN AND TOP 3 FEMALES !
48. MONDAY- LABOR DAY- SEPTEMBER 4TH, 2017-- RACE #3 IN A ROW-- AMERICAN DISCOVERY TRAIL MARATHON-- RRCA championship race this year-- POINT TO POINT COURSE FROM PALMER LAKE TO AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL PARK-- I toed the line at Palmer Lake at 6:30 in the morning-- 3rd race in a row on my birthday weekend-- sporting a newly revised retro look with a customized short sleeved button up club shirt with my number pinned on it -- my runner's roost new balance racing shorts-- and my old customized lunar racers-- I still banged out a 3:01:27-- qualified for Boston by 24 minutes-- 11th overall-- and 2nd place age group-- 45-49
Note: in previous years-- Master's top three were recognized and awarded Master's prizes and prize money-- I was officially 3rd Master overall-- in previous years I would have taken home $100 dollars in prize money-- but I got 2nd 45-49 and a nice coffee mug with the race logo on it. They only gave out 1st master overall-- which got the RRCA championship award as well this year. 1st master time was 2:53-- I raced on tired legs and little sleep for 3 days. I AM STILL THE CURRENT MASTER'S RECORD HOLDER FOR THE POINT TO POINT COURSE !!!
*Tim Bergsten- Pikes Peak Sports
49. SATURDAY--SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2017-- IMOGENE PASS RACE-- 17 MILE -- OURAY TO TELLURIDE-- 10 miles up to the summit at 13,000 feet and 7 miles downhill on an aggressive rocky steep downhill.
* 1st place podium- 45-49-- 18th overall-- won a podium Imogene run gold medal-- and $60 bucks gift card to REI !! About a 5 minute improvement from last year.
* I had an excellent climb up to the summit- did not stop once-- everyone I was dueling with on the way up had to stop on the climb, but I didnt need to-- I kicked ass up-- took out a lot of competition-- I was 13th overall to the top and gaining on the next group of 5-- therefore losing 5 places on the downhill-- to include the 1st master spot-- so I kicked his ass going up-- he couldnt get me until the last couple miles-- I raced down much better this year-- stayed smoother and navigated the rough technical terrain much more smoother this year-- it was tough again to use my speed on the downhill with the aggressive terrain going down--- this downhill is not as smooth and flowing as the Barr Trail on Pikes Peak. It was a beautiful sunny day. Actually warm for most of the race.
*tim bergsten-pikes peak sports
50. SATURDAY- 9/16/17-- MEADOW GOLD 10K-- FINAL RACE IN THE LA SPORTIVA VAIL RACE SERIES-- 2nd overall !!!!!!! --- 1st place overall in the Master Division and 40-49 for the Vail Race Series. I took everybody out today-- I had 1st place caught at the top of a long tough climb and stayed right on his heels and then he pulled away On the downhill back. I gave him a scare at the top as he heard me breathing down his neck. I WON APPROX. $300.00 WORTH OF LA SPORTIVA RUNNING APPAREL.
COURSE---- 6.5 miles-- A technical uphill and then back down course at about 8-9000 feet of altitude.
51. SUNDAY- 9/17/17- 3RD ANNUAL HERMIT PASS HALF MARATHON-- Westcliff , CO-- 1st overall-- 1:51:00--
Course: an aggressive and rocky uphill out 6.5 miles and back down 6.5 miles to the summit of 10,300 feet of altitude. Very tough course to try and be able to stay smooth and focused. The start is a gentle incline out for about 3 miles on a dirt road. I did not have to go hard-- more of a glorified training run-- I wore tights-- my long sleeve Pikes Peak doubler hoodie and some heavy training shoes. I AM A THREE TIME OVERALL CHAMPION AT HERMIT PASS HALF MARATHON.
51. 9/23/17-- OCTOBERFEST 8K-- GRAND PRIX OF RACING SERIES- RUNNERS ROOST --
4TH PLACE OVERALL-- chasing down Andy Rinne-- 1ST PLACE 45-49 PODIUM WIN-- ( 2ND MASTER OVERALL) --Gold Medal Age Division Award.
COURSE: out and back-- a 230 foot climb out to the turnaround around and back down to sky sox stadium. Mostly concrete sidewalk and a small portion of gravel trail by the turnaround. Overcast but comfortable mild weather. We escaped the possible rain the forecast was calling for.
*Tim Bergsten- Pikes Peak Sports.
52. SUNDAY-9/24/17-- XTERRA- GOLDEN GATE CANYON 22K-- XTERRA QUALIFIER FOR NATIONALS FOR 2018--
* 3RD OVERALL PODIUM-- 1:51:27-- This is the first time I have competed in this XTERRA race. Ya baby-- who else could make bib # 666 this awesome !!!!
As always- an honor competing with Joe Gray and taking 3rd overall --with Joe Gray taking the win.
Course: two- 11k loops with great challenging climbs on single track trails.
TRIPLE CROWN OF RUNNING AWARDS AT BRISTOL'S BREWING
53. SATURDAY-SEPTEMBER 30, 2017-- COLORADO SPRINGS HALF MARATHON-- DOWNTOWN CO SPGS--
54. SUNDAY- OCTOBER 1, 2017-- HOT CHOCOLATE 15K-- DOWNTOWN, DENVER, CO--
* 10TH OVERALL OUT OF 2,800-- 2ND PLACE PODIUM 45-49 AWARD-- 58:20
COURSE- downtown and neighborhood streets with some rolling hills and turns.
All kinds of athletes love to imitate me ---
54. Saturday-10/7/17- THE VENETUCCI PUMPKIN 10K-- FINAL LEG OF THE RUNNERS ROOST GRAND PRIX OF RACING SERIES--
* 3RD OVERALL PODIUM WIN-- 1ST PLACE 45-49-- 37:34.
same course as previous years- flat cross country through venetucci farms with a couple small hills.
55. SUNDAY- 10/8/17-- XTERRA CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HALF MARATHON --
I WAS IN THIRD OVERALL GOING INTO THE 2ND AND FINAL LOOP ON THE COURSE AND I TOOK A WRONG TURN AND I LOST APPROXIMATELY 20 MINUTES AND I FINALLY GOT BACK ON THE 2ND LOOP AND FINISHED THE PROPER COURSE PLUS AN EXTRA MILE. PART OF MY WRONG TURN WAS FOLLOWING THE PERSON IN FRONT OF ME WHO WENT WRONG AS WELL.
SO--- IN SUMMARY I UNOFFICIALLY WOULD HAVE TAKEN 2ND OVERALL OR 3RD OVERALL BECAUSE I WAS GAINING ON 2ND GOING INTO THE 2ND LOOP-- I SCREWED UP AND GOT LOST FOR 20 MINUTES--- i did not place.
BUT ON PAPER FOR THE RESULTS--- I GOT 16TH OVERALL-- 2:05-- IM GUESSTIMATING I WAS ON 1:40 PACE AT LEAST !!!!!!!!!!!!! I SCREWED THE COURSE UP ON THIS ONE AND IT COST ME MY TOP THREE PODIUM WIN.
* I DID GET 69 XTERRA POINTS TO GO TOWARDS MY QUALIFICATION POINTS FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AS I WAS STILL 5TH IN MY AGE GROUP STANDING TODAY. I HAVE A TOTAL OF 169 POINTS AFTER XTERRA GOLDEN GATE 22K.
*NOTE: Many other racers in all races-- the 5k, the half, and full had some course navigation issues- and taking wrong turns.
THE QUEEN OF THE COURSE
56. SATURDAY- 10/14/17-- DENVER ROCK AND ROLL 5K--
* 3RD MALE OVERALL PODIUM/ OUT OF 1000-- 17:55
(6 seconds faster than last year) -- Course: rectangle downtown road course with some cllimbing out to the halfway point and turns and a downhill finish-- a cool morning to start out.
57. SUNDAY-- 10/15/17-- DENVER ROCK AND ROLL HALF MARATHON --
* 1:21:04-- 26TH OVERALL/ OUT OF 1,100-- 2ND PLACE DIVISION PODIUM AWARD-- VERY GOOD COMPETITIVE FIELD
(I was 1:25:38 last year) 4 min 34 sec improvement.
* I do the real races, where the action and excitement is, where the money is at, where you need to look good, competition that puts you in the limelight and gets you noticed, you carve out a permanent name for yourself. The A races on the A side !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS ON THE A LIST SIDE
58. SATURDAY- 10/21/17-- THE CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN RUN- 10 MILE--
* 1ST OVERALL CHAMPION-- 1:09:55-- GOT MY BIG WIN IN 2017 -- AFTER PLACING 2ND OVERALL 2 YEARS IN A ROW !!!
Got out hard and took the lead after about 800 meters and I never looked back !!! I destroyed the climb !!!!
THE TRAINING OF GREATNESS !!! THE BEST EVER TO DO IT !!!!!!!!
59. SATURDAY-- 10/28/17-- THE CREEPY CRAWL 5K-- PALMER LAKE
* 5TH OVERALL-- 1ST 45-49-- 17:45
I was gaining on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Got so close to overtaking them !!!!!!!!!!!!
WALT DISNEY WORLD -WINE AND DINE RACE WEEKEND
60. Saturday- 11/4/17-- WINE AND DINE 10K AT EPCOT--
* 3RD OVERALL PODIUM CHAMPION -- BUT TECHNICALLY A TIE FOR 2ND AS I TURNED ON AN EXPLOSIVE KICK AT THE END AND CAUGHT 2ND-- THEY GAVE ME 3RD BY A MILISECOND. 37:04-- 100% HUMIDITY.
61. SUNDAY- 11/5/17- WINE AND DINE HALF MARATHON-- AT EPCOT-- NEW COURSE THIS YEAR STARTING AT MAGIC KINDGOM-- 3RD PLACE DIVISION 45-49.
WITH 98% HUMIDITY GOING AT THE START I TOED THE LINE ON AN ELECTRIFYING HALF MARATHON MORNING UNDER THE STARTING BANNER AND KICKED OFF THE RACE WITH TIRED SLUGGISH LEGS AND A SORE RIGHT HAMSTRING--- I GOT OUT IN 6TH PLACE TO MILE 5 --- GOT OFF COURSE AFTER MILE 5 AND HAD TO RUN BACK ON COURSE ON A PARKING LOT WITH A LOT OF TURNS AND CONES-- GOT BACK ON TRACK AND HAD TO CATCH UP BEST I COULD IN THE HUMIDITY TO END UP TAKING 25TH MALE OVERALL AND 28TH OVERALL-- STILL TAKING A 3RD PLACE 45-49 AGE DIVISION AWARD AND ONLY 1 MINUTE OFF FROM WINNING THE DIVISION AND 2 MINUTES OFF FROM TAKING THE MASTER'S CHAMPIONSHIP --- SO I HAD THE MASTERS WIN AS I WAS IN 6TH WHEN I GOT OFF COURSE. AND I WAS WELL ON PACE TO BEAT A 1:28 STILL EVEN WITH THE HUMIDITY AND LEGS FEELING TIRED. MY TIME WITH EXTRA RUNNING OFF COURSE WAS 1:30:55.