(Photo taken from Manitou Incline by Jeff Gallup)
There is also still a chance that climbers may be asked to pay to use the Icnline. PikesPeakSports.us conducted a poll from Feb. 24 through Feb. 28 asking Incline users what fees, if any, they will agree to pay. Here are the results, along with some comments from Incline users.
RESULTS (updated 4 p.m., Monday, Feb. 28)
1. Are you willing to pay to park and pay to climb the Manitou Incline?
8% answered YES, 92% answered NO
2. Are you willing to pay a parking fee only?
53.0% answered YES, 47% said NO.
3. Are you willing to pay to climb the Incline?
16% said YES, 84% said NO.
4. Should the City of Manitou Springs charge climbers to use the Incline?
12% said YES, 88% said NO.
5. If there is a fee for climbing the Incline, where should that money be used?
6% said MANITOU SPRINGS, 1% said COLORADO SPRINGS,
19% said INCLINE FRIENDS NONPROFIT, 90% said INCLINE MAINTENANCE AND IMPROVEMENTS, 3% said OTHER.
6. If the Incline becomes legal to climb will you use it more often?
34% said YES, 66% said NO.