2019 RACE LOG/BLOG
Greatest Of All Time
1. 1/1/19-- RESCUE RUN 10K- PALMER PARK- THE COLDEST RACE IN ITS HISTORY-- 2 DEGREES AT THE START BUT FELT LIKE -12. 13TH OVERALL- 1ST PLACE DIVISION MEDAL.
WALT DISNEY WORLD MARATHON WEEKEND
2. THURSDAY- JANUARY 10, 2019-- WALT DISNEY WORLD 5K-- EASY RUN- NON COMPETITIVE-- FINISHED EASY FOR THE DOPEY CHALLENGE.
3. FRIDAY-JANUARY 11, 2019-- WALT DISNEY WORLD 10K-- 36:57-- 15TH OVERALL-- 11TH MALE OVERALL-- 1ST MASTER OVERALL-- 1ST PLACE 45-49 CHAMPION.
4. SATURDAY-JANUARY 12, 2019-- WALT DISNEY WORLD HALF MARATHON-- SPORTING MY RUNNERS ROOST COLORADO EDITION RACING KIT-- AND THE NIKE VAPORFLY 4%-- KNOCKED OUT A 1:21:25 IN ABOUT 80% HUMIDITY-- 27TH OVERALL-- 26TH MALE-- 1st PLACE DIVISION PODIUM WIN-45-49.
5. SUNDAY- JANUARY 13, 2019-- WALT DISNEY WORLD MARATHON-- EASY RUNNING TO FINISH THE DOPEY CHALLENGE-- TIME AND PLACE NOT RELEVANT. NEED SOME RECOVERY TIME AFTER DOPEY.
*In summary-- 48.6 miles completed in 4 races over 4 days-- (1) MASTERS division win in the 10k . (1) division win in the half marathon-- two awards to be received.
* JUST FINISHED 3 WEEKS OF 20 MINUTES A DAY BASE BUILDING WITH ONE CRAIG YOUNG LACTATE A WEEK ( JUST MOVED TO 20 MINUTE LACATE )
THE MASTER'S 10K CHAMPION
45-49 - CHAMPION
* NO RACING THE WEEKEND OF JANUARY 19 AND 20TH.
6. SATURDAY- JANUARY 26, 2019-- FROSTIES FROZEN 10 MILE-- HUDSON GARDENS- DENVER. The course was an out and back concrete course mostly flat with light gentle rolling inclines along Platte River -- sunny but cool and windy on the course-- going out North there was a headwind all the way to the turnaround. Not a great performance- felt tired and heavy at the end. I am at my 30 minutes a day build up with one Craig Young lactate a week and this ten mile race today.
COOL ROAD TO BOSTON MARATHON PRESENT FROM COACHING STAFF- FROM THE "ROCKET"-- VINTAGE 1977 BOSTON MARATHON GLASS SET --
7. SUNDAY- FEBRUARY 3, 2019-- SUPERBOWL HALF MARATHON-- SANTA FE TRAIL STARTING DOWNTOWN BY PLAZA OF THE ROCKIES AND NORTH UP SANTA FE TRAIL-- TURNAROUND AND BACK SOUTH ON SANTA FE TRAIL TO FINISH JUST SOUTH OF BIJOU BRIDGE-- A LOT OF CONCRETE AND SOME HARD PACKED GRAVEL TRAIL.
* VERY WINDY THROUGHOUT THE RACE-- SUNNY BUT COOLER WIND IN SPOTS AND WARMER IN SOME SPOTS.
*1:26:26-- 1ST PLACE 45-49- PODIUM DIVISION WIN-- 16TH OVERALL.
8. SUNDAY- FEBRUARY 24, 2019-- THE PUEBLO HALF MARATHON-- MAD MOOSE EVENTS--
*SPORTING MY $250 DOLLAR NIKE VAPORFLY 4% RACERS !!
9. SATURDAY- MARCH 9, 2019-- RUN THROUGH TIME- HALF MARATHON- SALIDA- COLORADO
* 1:43-- 2ND PLACE 40-49- 8th overall.
* SUNNY- BUT WINDY AND COOL- DIRT ROADS AND TECHNICAL ROLLING TRAILS WITH SOME GOOD CLIMBS. Challenging course with wind and a small amount of snow and mud. Course slightly changed due to snow on higher trails in the old course. I have been doing a lot of flat training for Boston Marathon- I did wonderful on the tough climbing and downhills. I still hung tough and kicked a lot of jabronee asses !!!!
Got my $250 Nike Vaporfly 4%
10. MARCH 16, 2019-- 5K ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY-- GRAND PRIX OF RUNNING- MAD MOOSE--
* 23RD Overall-- 18:03 chip time-- 3rd place podium division-45-49.
11. SATURDAY-MARCH 23, 2019-- BEHIND THE ROCKS ULTRA-- 10 MILE ( officially 10.5 miles)-- MAD MOOSE- MOAB, UTAH--
* 2ND Overall-- 1:13:37 chip time-- 1st Master Overall
No racing the weekend of March 30 and 31-- Focused on Boston Marathon training workouts this week by Craig Young.
* I have already been awarded my entry into the XTERRA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN HAWAII FOR THIS DECEMBER-- I have entered and I am officially in my 2nd XTERRA Hawaii World Championships for a division title defense and much much more !!!!
12. APRIL 6, 2019-- THREE CREEKS HALF MARATHON-- DENVER, CO--
4TH OVERALL - MISSED PRIZE MONEY BY ONE PLACE-- 1:24:55-- 1ST PLACE -45-49--
Same course as previous years- mostly flat to about 10 miles-- then some uphill trail climbing to mile 12 and a gentle sidewalk downhill to the finish.
sunny and hot.
13. SUNDAY- APRIL 7, 2018-- XTERRA 24K-- CHEYENNE MTN. STATE PARK--
* 1ST PLACE 45-49--- 1:57-- 6TH OVERALL--- GOOD JOB AS I WAS STARTING TO GET SICK--- LUNGS STARTING TO GET CONGESTED--
GRACING THE XTERRA POSTER FOR THIS RACE -- WITH RACE DIRECTOR ARNOLD SOLIMAN
14. MY FIRST BOSTON MARATHON-- MONDAY- APRIL 15, 2019-- PATRIOTS DAY-- !!
I WAS SICK THE WHOLE WEEK BEFORE REALLY BAD-- STARTING FROM THE XTERRA 24K FROM APRIL 7TH-- UNFORTUNATELY NOT FEELING GOOD AT ALL -- ESPECIALLY MY LUNGS-- AND BAD CONGESTION---- I HAD A FEW GOOD MARATHON TRAINING WEEKS SO I WAS READY TO ROCK AND ROLL BEFORE I GOT SICK-- of course I am a trail racer at heart but I am getting myself back out there on the roadracing scene also !!
Despite not feeling well, I looked damm good, my hair looked good, had my Greater Boston ( Bill Rogers - Greater Boston running club vintage tank from the 70's) tank top on , my Oregon project black shorts and my matching red socks--
the roaring crowd yelled out at me along the entire course-- "go Greater Boston"
I did not feel good from about the 10k on-- firstly, I got jammed up and boxed in the crowd from the start as I was in wave 2-- I did not know how to react to this because I had never ever been in a start like this before in a further back wave--- it took me a while to bounce back from this and get in the zone by the time I started going I was not feeling good at all. I was trained pretty good, and my experts and trainers finally concluded that it was the flu that impacted the performance-- my legs were fine the next day-- so we concluded that I DID NOT EVEN TAP INTO MY CURRENT FITNESS THAT I HAD !!! THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT CONCLUSION.
I enjoyed the amazing experience--- the Wesley Boston college girls wanted me to stop and kiss them all but I kept running by ---- I kept pushing on slowly but surely--- I crossed the finish line --
* Despite being the coolest, sexiest, the most deserving, and the most electrifying road racer and mountain runner present that day----- I fell back-- BUT I DID NOT FAIL !!! I will be remembered here in Boston -- but still-- some will not give a shit that you placed 14,136th overall out of 30,000 ish-- and there is no fame or race highlights with those stats of course----- in general-- no one gives a shit about a middle of the packer--- only the best-- only the top overall--- the top masters--- and the top division winners----I am worthy of a better placement and better honors than my performance showed. But I made some cool things happen there; created memories; created intention and attraction of my desires with the universe !!!!!!
*Thank you too all of my Coaches, my Queen K, family, and my friends for following me and tracking me (with my bib number) on April 15th at Boston Marathon-- glad you had fun tracking me on that 26.2 mile journey to the finish line !!!!
* Getting over my sickness and back to training--
GREAT RACERS THINK ALIKE--
BILL ROGERS ON THE LEFT-- 4 TIME BOSTON WINNER.
Easter Sunday-- 4/21/18--- jogged Hams and Hamstrings 5k easy with the Rocket-- Coach Spell.
15. SATURDAY- APRIL 27, 2019-- THE CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN 10K--
IN A FAST YOUNG 10K CROWD- WITH SOME WESTERN STATES RUNNERS THROWN IN THE MIX-- 5TH OVERALL--- NEW MASTERS COURSE RECORD BREAKING MY OWN RECORD-- 42:30.
16. SUNDAY- APRIL 28, 2019-- THE CHERRY CREEK SNEAK 5 MILE--
WEEKEND OF MAY 4TH AND MAY 5TH--
17. SATURDAY- MAY 4TH, 2019- THE NEW GRAND PRIX OF RACING-- TAKE 5 IN THE GARDEN - 5 MILE- MAD MOOSE EVENTS--
AGAIN IN A TOUGH FIELD-- 6TH OVERALL-- 31:44-- 1ST OVERALL MASTER AWARD--
18. 2ND OF THE BACK TO BACK-- SUNDAY- APRIL 5TH, 2019-- THE COLORADO HALF MARATHON-- FORT COLLINS, CO--
GOOD PERFORMANCE IN FORT COLLINS-- Starting in the canyon-- a gentle decline for about 3 miles - flaten out into town and wind through roads - we get one hill in the middle-- and then back down onto some bike paths winding through town and then some undulating sidewalk paths and finish at Washington Park this year. It was a cool start and a little hot at the end.
NOTE: I STARTED GETTING SICK AGAIN TODAY-- LUNGS AND NASAL AGAIN-- NOT FEELING TOO WELL-- GETTING ON AN ANTIBIOTIC.