62. The YMCA Briargate Turkey Trot 5k-- Off of Briargate Parkway North Colorado Springs--
* I was 19th overall out of 3,300-- 18th male overall-- and a huge age division win in the 45-49-- got a pint glass race logo mug and a $50 gift card to cryotherpay.
* The sun was out but It was a cold, cool, and very windy morning -race conditions were very slow - the course is all around 7000 feet- with a gradual uphill road climb to about 1.75 miles and then a gradual decline back to the finish on Briargate Parkway-same course as last year.
63. 11/3/16-- Rock Canyon Half Marathon- Pueblo, CO City Park--
* 11th overall-- 1st Place Master champion !! -- 1:23:35.
* Cold sunny start-- 2 loops around the city park Pueblo Zoo-- and then dropped down to the paved river path and head out West toward the Rock Canyon Dam-- the middle section was a dirt path which was smooth and also crude and rocky in some sections-- then back the same way along the river path and up one steep hill back up to the finish at the City Park where we started. I felt good and strong in the entire race and I picked off one last opponent on the hill going into the finish to take 11th overall-- I also got several of the Air Force Academy racing team members.
64. FINAL RACE OF THE YEAR !!!!
12/10/16-- BRAZOS BEND HALF MARATHON-- (*the race was actually 14 miles) -- Sugarland, Texas at Brazos Bend State Park--
*1:26:45 for almost a 14 mile-- 87.47% Ranking on Ultra sign-up-- 2nd male overall award !!!
* Course-- mostly a flat loop trail run within the Brazo State Park-- mostly flat but still a lot of out and backs in the loop on a trail.
that's a wrap for 2017 Racing and Competition !!!
64 Races + several Brewer's Cup races scattered throughout the year as I could squeeze in. I am kicking off the 2017 year with our local new years day favorite race-- The Rescue Run 10k at Palmer Park.
I will post a summary/re-cap of my 2016 highlights !!
Here are my Denver Rock and Roll 5k champion win and my half marathon division win awards--
Here is my Wine and Dine Overall Master Championship in both the Inaugural 10k and the Half Marathon--