Join us at Boulder Running Company (3659 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918) on Friday 24 Nov at 9am. The “Burn the Bird” Group Run on Black Friday will get your holidays off to a healthy start! In addition to an awesome run, we're kicking off the holidays with a food drive with BRC for Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado. Let's run, shop some awesome deals, and give back on 11/24!
A reminder for #NationalRunningSafetyMonth as we fell back an hour last week. It’s time to grab your headlamps and reflective gear to be seen in the dark. BE LIT…..DON’T GET HIT!!!!
Please keep in mind these recent statistics:
* 6,000 pedestrians killed in auto accidents in 2016
* 1,100% increase in chances of being struck by a vehicle after dark
* 6-9 pm is the MOST dangerous hours for runners
* 800% DROP in risk of being hit by a vehicle when WEARING reflective gear
* 40%....the percentage of runners that make any attempt to be visible at night
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BUCK the stats and be lit and reflective on your JQRC runs!!!!!
Mark your calendars for December
05DEC is our Ugly Sweater Run at Boulder Running Company (3659 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918) 5.15p-7.15p
12DEC 11th Annual Holiday Run Party at Colorado Springs City Auditorium (221 E Kiowa St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903) 5.15p-8p
Joining us this week at Jack Quinn’s Irish Pub and Restaurant:
- Boulder Running Company
- JQRC Merchandise Table
Running Quote of the Day:
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
– Abraham Lincoln