Gerald "G Money" Romero has not received any gifts yet
AGE: 41- on September 1, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
COACHED/TRAINED BY: Craig Young
"I'm Bringing Sexy Back To The Masters Division"
KAYLI TABAREZ- SUPERSTAR RACING DIVA !!
2013-RACING SEASON RESULTS AND STATS:
1. RESCUE RUN - January 1, 2013- 10k- Palmer Park, Co Spgs- 4th overall, 38:54, 1st place-40-44.
2. WINTER SERIES #1- January 12, 2013- Cheyenne Mountain State Park- 3.3 mile My Winter Series Co-ed Team- "The Prime Time Playaz" (Me, Kayli, Jalynn, and Travis Tabarez). I WAS 11TH OVERALL MALE, TIME= 20:38. My team is holding 2nd overall for co-ed team division. Very cold, some snow on the higher trails on the course. Course was 3.3 miles. Kayli Tabarez-2nd overall female- 22:14.
3. FROSTY'S FROZEN FIVE AND TEN MILE-- 5 MILE RRCA CHAMPIONSHIP RACE- January 19, 2013- ENGLEWOOD, DENVER - 5 mile- 30:11 chip time- 12th male overall- 1st place 40-44- $25 gift certificate to Runner's Roost. Flat course on mostly paved sidewalk near the creek at Hudson Gardens, nice, mild temps in the 50's. _______________________________________________________________________
4. WINTER SERIES II- JANUARY 26, 2013- 4 MILE- very nice mild weather, I was 16th male overall , 17 overall with the first female. Cool photo with me in it used in Gazette sports section. It was just tough to get going on this mostly flat course -- My team- Prime Time Playaz is holding on to 3rd overall for coed teams (we are going up against some huge teams with stacked runners- we got some competition this year). Travis was 28 overall with females and 26 males only, 25:11. Kayli was 47 overall and 6th overall female, 26:25. Jalynn was 79th overall, and 14th overall for females. Pictures from the race, the gazette sports section, and my team attached in my photo albums. _____________________________________________________________________
5. SUPERBOWL HALF MARATHON- February 3, 2012- Sunny, nice temps, half marathon from downtown-out and back course along the Santa Fe Trail, mostly paved and some trail, slight gradual elevation gain North, slight gradual decline back South. I placed 9th overall- 1:26:03 chip time, 1ST OVERALL MASTER-WON MY MASTER OVERALL NIKE FOOTBALL !! My Jack Quinns buddies had beer for me at two of the aid stations, I think it was guinnes on my way back- good stuff- may have slowed me up a minute-- or two-- !! First time I took beer at an aid station !!!!!!!!!
Travis Tabarez had an absolutely awesome race with 7th overall- 1:25:58 - I am proud of him, Kayli was 2nd female overall- 1:30:27 and set her own new age group course record, Jalynn was 14th female overall - 1:44:17.
6. WINTER SERIES III- February 9, 2013- Baptist Road- 5 mile, cold, windy going North, slightly up out and slightly down back, I placed 16 th overall, 31:45, took it out and stayed out in front of Katie Rainsberger and battled with Steven Rocks and CJ Hitz in the last 2 miles and edged out all three of them with a strong finish. Holding 2nd place in my age group 40-44 to Justin Chastin.
Prime Time Playaz holding 3rd overall coed team still. Kayli was 4th overall female, 34:54, Travis, 30 th overall with 1st female, 33:03, Jalynn, 15th female overall, 38:03.
No racing the weekend of the 16th and 17th. Caught a cold over the weekend.
7. WINTER SERIES IV- Black Forest- 2/23/13- sunny, not too cold, snow packed course on the dirt roads, paved roads clear. I was 12th overall- 41:28 chip time. 7th overall in the series and 2nd in my age group 40-44 behind Justin Chastin. Katie Raisberger tried to battle with the G-man, but she fell short ! Still a little sick congested, but my technical expertise and strength on the ups and downs carried me through to a good last Winter Series race. Kayli was 2nd female overall-43:51 and 2nd overall female in the series-- KAYLI SMOKED AND CHEWED UP THE COMPETITION AND LEFT THEM FOR DEAD ON THE COURSE !!. Travis was 26th overall with Katie Rainsberger in results-43:06, Jalynn was 6th female overall-48:13. PRIME TIME PLAYAZ- 3RD OVERALL COED TEAM- G-MAN, Travis, Kayli, and Jalynn.
8. PUEBLO CHIEFTAN SPRING RUN-OFF- March 3, 2013- 10 mile- 1:05:11- 7th overall- 1st place overall Master- mostly flat course on paved sidewalk and roads, weather got very hot toward the end of the race. This is kinda like the official kick-off to the Spring Racing Season, continue building my target heart rate base training and racing, my weeks will start to become structured with a gradual increase in mileage, and time to get serious and start kicking ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did the10 mile race today for the 2nd year in a row. Last year, this was the USA Track and Field 10 mile championship, so I had to be a part of that. My mileage is very low still at this time and working on nothing but Target Heart Rate runs in between racing. Kayli Tabarez was 2nd female overall and almost got the first female, Sara Young, Adidas/Boulder Running Company on the track at the finish.
9. RUNING OF THE GREEN- 7K (4.34 miles), March 10, 2013- 26:25- 49th overall, 3rd place-40-44. LODO, Downtown Denver- rolling hill urban road course in old downtown- awesome course. Awesome after race block party !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. 5k ON ST. PATS DAY-- 1ST LEG OF THE GRAND PRIX OF RUNNING-- 3/16/13- 18:22 CHIP TIME- 5:55 PACE. 30th male overall, 3rd-40-44 after my teamates- Adolpho Carillo and Jeff Turner. Downtown Colorado Springs- road, basically flat (minor decline going South, minor incline going North), windy, overcast, cool. Runners Roost team was 2nd place overall behind Boulder Running Company. Me and my team sported our new Runners Roost racing kits and "On Running" racing shoes. Pictures of race and me in our new uniform in my photo album.
NO RACING THE WEEKEND OF 3/23 AND 3/24.
11. 3/30/13- BRAIN BOOSTER 5K- AIR FORCE ACADEMY FIELD HOUSE- 1st overall champ- 19:40- 2nd year in a row- battling it out with Mike Stephens again in the last mile. Put a gap on Mike on the uphill terrain in the final 800 and kicked it in to take the win again. Very tough 5k course with rolling hills at 7,200+ feet, sunny hot temps, strong winds, and some soft gravel trails the second half of the race.
12. 4/6/13-- XTERRA- CHEYENNE MT. STATE PARK 24K- 1:40:40- 7TH OVERALL- 1ST PLACE 40-44. Did great with an extremely competitive field in the 24K. 6th place was a pro-triathlete. I stayed right on him. After the race he came up to me and shook my hand and said "he couldnt shake me off, he kept looking back and seeing my red roost jersey coming up on him". Tommy Manning was 5th overall (1:37:25), Dan Vega was third overall (1:34). Great race!
No racing the weekend of April 13th and 14th.
DOUBLE HEADER RACE WEEKEND BABY !!
13. SATURDAY- 4/20/13- SPANK BLASING 5K- DID THE 5K TODAY AS THIS WAS ONE OF THE RACES FOR THE COLORADO RUNNER SERIES. 18:04, 5TH OVERALL, GOT 100 POINTS FOR WINNING MY AGE-40-44. WITH THIS, I AM WINNING MY DIVISION RIGHT NOW FOR THE SERIES. Several friends with garmin watches informed me that the 5k was slightly long, therefore, my true 5k was around 17:50 probably. Training picking up, racing is getting better. I stayed closer to Peter Flemming and Andy Rinne. Race results attached in my photo album. After race photo at the CSU-thunderbowl attached.
14. SUNDAY-4/21/13- Big Mountain Race Series-Half Marathon- Columbine Trail- 1:38, 4th overall, and took the win in the 40-49, won a pair of NUMA polarized sunglasses, very nice !!!! In my opinion, this was a bitch of a course. I thought it was a little tougher than the xterra races at Cheyenne Mt. State Park. Pictures and my pre race video attached in my video album.
DOUBLE HEADER !!
15. SAT-4/27/13- CHEYENNE MTN. TRAIL 25K- CHEYENNE MTN. STATE PARK- UP AND DOWN TRAIL IN THE HEAT!! 9TH OVERALL, 2ND MASTER OVERALL MEDAL, 2:01. IT WAS HELLACIOUS !!!!!! ( NOTES: I got sick on Wednesday of this week, really bad Thursday and Friday, and then did Cheyenne Mtn. Trail Race on Saturday with burning lungs and a stuffed up nose, also a sore upper Left hamstring from Big Mountain half)-- not too bad considering these factors- not 100%. Photos attached in my photo album.
16. SUNDAY- 4/28/13- CHERRY CREEK SNEAK-5 MILE, DENVER-- POPPED OUT A 30:46-- 5 MILE- AFTER A 25K IN CO SPGS THE DAY BEFORE AND HAVING A HEAD AND CHEST COLD. 24th MALE OVERALL--Spectacular block party after-- photos attached from block party !!
17. SATURDAY- 5/4/13-- 2ND LEG OF THE GRAND PRIX SERIES- GARDEN OF THE GODS 5 MILE- 5th OVERALL, 1ST PLACE 40-44, 1ST MASTERS OVERALL, 30:29-CHIP TIME. very nice weather, hot and sunny. Notes: Strong the entire way, almost over my cold. Recovering upper left hamstring.
18. SATURDAY- 5/11/13- ORDINARY MORTALS TRIATHLON- CSU PUEBLO REC CENTER- REVERSE TRIATHLON- 5K RUN (HILLY ROAD COURSE), 12 MILE BIKE, 300 METER POOL SWIM-- 13TH OVERALL, 2ND IN MY AGE GROUP-40-49. I had the 2nd fastest time in the 5k! Photos of me and my bike in my 2013 photo album.
19. SATURDAY- 5/18/13- RACE TO THE SHRINE 10K- CHEYENNE MT. ZOO-- 4TH OVERALL- 1ST 40-44, MY RACE TIME= 43:47. 10k course= 4 miles to the shrine from the Broadmoor and a blazing 2 miles back down to the zoo and finished at Moose Lodge for the after party. Tommy Manning was 1st, followed by my racing buddy Scott Spillman, 6 seconds behind, and my Roost teamate Dan Vega in 3rd. My racer girl Kayli Tabares took third overall for the 10k females with a 52:48. Her sister Jalynn, won the 5k for the females, she was so happy and cute !!!!!!!!! Travis Tabares was 14th overall in the 10k.
* I was on a relay team to do the Colfax Marathon relay with my racing broskie Tim Badger on Sunday the 19th, but we lost some of our team members before the race so we had to bail out. I tried to get into the half solo, but it was filled to the max.
20. MAY 27, 2013- MEMORIAL DAY--BOLDER BOULDER--
38:19- 319th OVERALL, 299th MALE- 4TH OVERALL IN MY DIVISION- MILE SPLITS= 5:55, 6:08, 6:22, 6:17, 6:03, 6:15.
Very hot. There is a good portion of steady climbing the first half of the course plus a few extra hills the last half. Tough and slow Bolder Boulder this year. I was 1:55 off of last year (36:24).
I was my age group champion last year for age 40 and was recognized on the Bolder Boulder website. This year 4th. I will be on the top 15 list, but will not have my 1st place picture on the website this year. Race photos from the race to come.
21. HARDSCRABBLE MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE 10K--WESTCLIFFE-- 6th OVERALL, 1ST MASTER- 40-49, TIME= 46:45.
* This was an absolutely awesome, challenging, scenic, breathtaking 1st inaugural race at Hardscrabble Mountain. It was an honor to race with the Tarahumara racers from Mexico. They were tough on the challenging course at 8000 to 9000 feet altitude. I finished between two of them. I beat one of them and the other three were 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. Give our very own-- Tim Bergsten congrats as he braved the 5k and came in strong !!!!!!!!!!! I feel I had a very good race and was very strong. I stayed right in the mix !!!!!!!!!
22. GARDEN OF THE GODS 10 MILE--USA TRACK AND FIELD 10 MILE CHAMPIONSHIPS--1ST LEG OF THE TRIPLE CROWN OF RUNNING. 41st MALE OVERALL, 1:04:32, 3RD MASTERS OVERALL FOR USA TRACK AND FIELD, 3RD OVERALL- 40-44. I WON $50 BUCKS PRIZE MONEY. Very hot. Competitive Kenyan field. Kayli was 1:15:25 and was 23rd female overall, 1st in the 14 and under. Jalynn took 3rd overall in the 5k. Photos from race in my 2013 photo album.
Notes: Couple of minutes off of last year.
23. SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2013- SAILIN SHOES 10K- 37:50-- 8TH OVERALL-- 1ST PLACE 40-49 (SAILIN SHOES BEER MUG AND JOSE MULDOONS GIFT CARD). (35:40 last year). Photos from race and awards ceremony attached in my 2013 album.
24. SUNDAY, JUNE 16, 2013- SPRINGSPREE 5K-- LYME SPORTING EVENT-- PROSPECT LAKE- 5th Overall, 1st place 40-49 (etched beer mug). 20 + minutes. It was confirmed that the course was long.
2012-RACING SEASON RESULTS:
SEE THE FINISH LINE INDEX LINK BELOW TO FIND MY LOCAL 2012 RACE RESULTS AS SEEN ON THE FINISH LINE INDEX, NOTE: these do not include all races completed outside of the local Springs races, but most results are here.
VIDEOS AND ARTICLES:
LINK BELOW IS MY 1ST PLACE OVERALL FINISH ON YOU TUBE FROM THE 2012 RUNNING FOR RACHEAL 5K FROM 3/31/12-AIR FORCE ACADEMY:
BELOW IS MY 1ST PLACE MASTER'S ARTICLE AT THE 2012 GARDEN OF THE GODS 10 MILE.
* Here is my 2013-Hall of Fame Induction Biography Link:
Added June 17, 2013 at 2:59pm
Added February 25, 2013 at 10:20am
Added January 10, 2013 at 12:40pm
Added December 20, 2012 at 12:29pm 1 Comment
Added December 20, 2012 at 12:10pm
Added April 4, 2012 at 12:06am
Added April 3, 2012 at 11:21pm
Posted on June 3, 2013 at 11:07am — 3 Comments
Posted on April 17, 2013 at 11:44am