1. The Ascent Cycling Series most likely will be Sunday, May 15th at Palmer Park, Wednesdays, June 1 & 8 at Bear Creek Terrace and either June 18 or 19 at Cheyenne Mountain State Park assuming the Pro XCT is canceled. Venue permits have been submitted.
2. Sand Creek International Classic: Pro XCT/UCI C2 race is scheduled for June 18, 2011
- Read this "white page" about this race.
- UCI rankings are here. The Carmichael Training Systems International Classic played an important part in US riders points and USA Cycling's UCI Mtb ranking.
- July 9-11, 2010 Pro XCT rider comments
- Pikespeaksports.us press is here for all of our races
- Colorado Springs Gazette Press.
- UCI Chief Commissaire's Report
- The July 9-11 race had a local economic impact of around $250,000! This dollar amount comes from Colorado Springs Visitor's and Conventions Bureau numbers!
- Without sponsorship, this Pro XCT race will not happen in 2011. It is currently scheduled for June 18 as a UCI C2 single-day race. No sponsors as of December 23, 2010.
- Carmichael Training Systems will not be returning as title sponsor and their role for 2011 will include Wednesday race help. Thanks for two great years as our title sponsor!
- GT Bicycles is also not returning. They were Presenting Sponsor for the Pro XCT race.
- USA Cycling will no longer waive the USAC Race Permit Fee of $700/day for the UCI race and will not pay the UCI Calendar Inscription Fee as they did in 2009.
- The above three reflects a $10,500 cash income loss for the UCI Pro XCT race.
3. The Sand Creek Road Race will be August 14th at the Air Force Academy. This race will be the ACA Colorado State Senior Road Race Championship. Once sponsor(s) are confirmed, the race name may change